Welcome to the Telos community! Creating a new Telos Account is very simple and can be done on multiple platforms.
We will take you step-by-step through the 2 methods most preferred by our community.
Method 1: Telos Signup (account creation) + Anchor (signer)
The most preferred method to create a free Telos account and access dApps.
1a. Telos Signup
- Go to the Telos website (https://www.telos.net)
- Click ‘Start Now’ (on Desktop), or 'Menu', 'Start Now' (on Mobile)
- You will be taken to a signup screen (If this does not happen, you can access it directly here).
- Click 'Connect Wallet'
- Click 'Create New Account'
- Enter a unique 12 character address of your choice. You can use characters from a-z and 1-5 only. (If the address is already taken, try a different one).
- Pass the CAPTCHA
- Click on ‘Create’
- Once the Account has been created, Telos will generate your unique Private Key. You have to copy and store your Private Key information in a safe place. We recommend that you write it down on a piece of paper as an additional measure of security. (You will also need this Private Key to add your Telos account to Anchor in the next step).
- Download the Anchor app from your App Store (https://greymass.com/en/anchor/download)
- Select ‘Add Account’
- Select ‘Import private key’
- Paste the Private Key you copied from the Telos Sign page
- Select your account (@active is recommended)
- Confirm the import by clicking ‘Import Account’
If you’ve completed all the steps you have successfully created your Telos account and imported it on Anchor.
How to use Anchor
Anchor is a signer, not a wallet. Anchor holds your Private Key and signs/approves your transactions on the blockchain when you use dApps.
- On any dApp, click on ‘Connect Wallet’
- Select Anchor
- You will be prompted to open the Anchor app and approve a connection between your Wallet and that dApp
- Then, when you make a transaction, the dApp will again prompt you to approve the transaction in Anchor.
- To make transfers, you can use any block explorer.
- If you wish to use a wallet like interface, you can use the Telos Web Wallet and connect any signer like Anchor.
Method 2: Wombat
Wombat is recommended for first-time users of digital wallets and signers.
- Download the Wombat wallet – Android | iOS | Chrome Plugin.
- Click on ‘Sign Up’.
- Select the account you would like to use to sign-up.
- Important Note: Your Private Key will be backed-up in an encrypted form on the social media account you choose, so choose one only you have access to. If you lose access to that social media account or if it’s compromised, you may lose all your funds.
- Once you have selected your social media account, confirm the Terms & Conditions again
- Click ‘Sign Up’
- Set a 6-digit PIN to protect your account
- Click ‘Create New Account’
- You will be taken to a new screen with two tabs at the top: EOS | TELOS
- Select ‘Telos’
- Enter a unique 12 character address using the characters a-z and 1-5
- Click ‘Create Account’.
- Select where you want to back-up the private key, if prompted.
- Once you’ve selected either Google Drive or Dropbox, you will be redirected to a screen to Allow Wombat to store your Private Key on your cloud drive.
- Click ‘Allow’
If you’ve completed all the steps you have successfully created your Telos account on Wombat.
How to use Wombat
- Once you have signed into your Telos Account, you can access dApps, Games and Finance from your Wombat App.
- Select ‘Wallet’ to view your funds
- Select ‘Explorer’ to search for dApps
These are two of the primary ways to create and use your Telos Account. There are various other wallets/signers that are compatible with your Telos Account. Make sure you are certain of the reliability and integrity of any wallet or signer before you share your Private Key.
Other Wallets/Signers you can trust:
- CoolX Wallet
- Math Wallet
Customer support article by:
Yknot Blockchain Solutions